The Golden Awards, Who is going home with what?

After the crumbling of the popular PAM awards due to financial and personal misunderstandings between the main organizers, I am privileged to inform you that a new and much better kind of awards has been introduced into Uganda, by Ugandans and thus Ugandan. This new version of yearly awards is called golden awards. Nominations are already out and voting is going on and come Sunday, the different winners shall be announced and given their respective accolades in Nakivubo stadium this very Sunday.

Too much competition is of course going to be amongst the top Ugandan artists such as Bebe cool, Bobi wine, Jose Chameleone and the Goodlife crew. Just after the recent concluded Bobi wine versus Bebe cool face off which ended in a two all draw, the two are  going to battle it out once more for the best male artist 2009.In this category, the other two nominees are Dr Jose Chameleone and Eagles’ Haruna Mubiru.


For the artist of the year accolade, stiff competition is basically between Bebe cool and the Goodlife pair of Radio and Weasle. The other two strong contenders are Jose Chameleone and also Haruna Mubiru.


For the female artist of the year award, the common figures have been swept out of competition and replaced by young blood. The nominees are Cindy, Grace Nakimera, Desire Luzinda and Miriam Ndagire.However research has it that the Kawonawo superstar has higher chances of walking away the winner even though the other three nominees also possess the potential to be crowned best.


Other old categories such as best Hiphop, ragga, reggae, best band, Kadongo kamu best and best up coming are also inclusive. Stiff competition is basically between likes of GNL Zamba, Navio, Peter miles, king steven, Sophie Natongo, Mathius Walukaga, Eagles production and Afrigo band.


The organizers of these awards have however introduced six new categories which  include best collaboration, best girls group, best video producer, best local music television programe,best radio local music program and best comedians ‘group. For best girls group the nominees are Viva stars, Wafagio gals, obsessions and of course Blu 3(which many predict will win this).


Best collaboration section is the trickiest among the six new groups. In this category, the following were nominated; Eddy Kenzo and Mickie Wine (yanimba fame), Goodlife and Blu 3(where you are), Radio, Weasle and Viboyo (Nyumbani) and Goodlife crew plus Swangz Avenue (Mr Djee).


For best video producer, the best that made it to the nominees list are Centrix, L.bashir, Mark vellie and Deddac production.


According to the events orgnisers, voting is free to every one. The public vote will constitute 30% and the other 70% will be decided by the committee. Entrance will be only 5000 for every one, 10,000 for silver audience and 50000 for the VIPs.


 Among the many artists who will entertain the crowd during this ceremony include but not limited to Bebe cool, Jose chameleone,Goodlife crew, Grace Nakimera and many more.                                                                          


                                                              Compiled by Nicholas Kalungi.