Yesterday, PAM awards organizing committee proved its organizational abilities as they were able to hold a remarkable event. If we are to go with attendance, 2010 PAM awards grand finale was a big success. Bebe Cool ran the show in his absence as he was able to break the jinx and won Artist of the year plus Album of the year and Reggae artist of the year awards.
The stage, lighting and sound system matched well with the expectations of many of the fans. The fans were entertained by several artists. These included Alpha from Rwanda, Navio, OS, Samalie Matovu, Keko, Judith Babirye, Cindy and Iryn Namubiru.
J Kazoora, Straka Mwezi and Roger Mugisha were the MCs of the night. Kazoora moved through the audience, Roger Mugisha was at the VIP stage while Straka Mwezi worked from 30,000 ticket section. This team did not disappoint; Straka ensured that the fans enjoyed to maximum.
Samalie Matovu was the surprise winner of the night. Her Mukwano Gunyuma single won song of the year accolade beating Hilderman’s Amelia, Bebe Cool’s Kasepiki and Doctor Jose Chameleone’s Basima Ogenze.
Many of this year’s winners disappointed their fans as they never picked their awards. Apart from Bebe Cool and Chameleone who are in America and Europe respectively, many of the absent stars lacked strong reasons. Kenzo, Rabadaba, Gerald Kiwewa, Pastor Wilson Bugembe, Aziz Azion and Goodlyfe duo of Radio and Weasel were among the winners who were only represented. Even Judith Babirye who was among the performers sent an agent to pick her award for gospel single of the year. I think most of these absent artistes would have done better than sending representatives.
Nevertheless, PAM 2010 set the pace for all the other upcoming awards. Here is the list of the 2010 PAM awards winners.
- Artist of the year – Bebe Cool
- Album of the year-Kasepiki by Bebe Cool
- Song of the year-Omukwano Gunyuma by Samalie Matovu
- Male Artist of the year- Moses Radio and Weasel
- Female Artist of the year- Iryn Namubiru
- Audio Producer or the year- Benon of Swangz Avenue
- Best Gospel single- Wanjagala by Judith Babirye
- Best Kadongo Kamu artist- Mathias Walukaga
- Best Folk/Pop Artist- Suzan Kerunen
- Best Hip-Hop Artist- Navio
- Best Afro Artist – Doctor Jose Chameleone
- Best live band single – Taliyo by Mesach Semakula
- Best RnB artist – Aziz Azion
- Best RnB single – Abakyala Baziira by Jamal
- Best Reggae artist – Bebe Cool
- Kadongo Kamu single – Embaga ya Kiweewa by Gerald Kiweewa
- Best Cultural group/artist – Percussion Discussion
- Best Ragga artist – Rabadaba
- Best Afro beat single – Basima Ogenze by Doctor Jose Chameleone
- Life time achiever – Dan Mugula (40 years in music)
- Best Hip-hop single – Kikankane by GNL Zamba
- Best New artist/group – Eddy Kenzo
- Best live band – Qwela band
- Video of the year – Raw by Navio
- Best gospel artist – Pastor Wilson Bugembe
- Best song writer – Silver Kyagulanyi
- Best female Tanzania – Lady Jay Dee
- Best male Tanzania – AY
- Best male Rwanda – Alpha
Keep logged on to East Africa’s leading Entertainment and Social website for the latest from Uganda’s music industry.
All Pam Awards 2010 Photos